Associate Software Development Engineer in Test
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our US offices (Austin, Dallas, and Des Moines) and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
About the role
As a member of ESO’s QA team, you will be collaborating with our highly talented development engineers and designers to test the next generation of ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Our development engineers are passionate about their craft and revel in shipping software that improves patient care and community safety. If you are creative, thorough, and passionate about quality, this is the role for you.
More about you
You can expect to:
- Design, plan, and execute test plans and test cases for ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. (Your work will be essential to ensuring that our product offerings meet and exceed our customer’s expectations by testing all tiers in our distributed application stack.)
- Verify data flows within applications, test on variety of device types (web, mobile), as well as verify proper software behavior at various levels (UI, API, backend). (You should be comfortable integrating automation tests within CI/CD pipelines and be familiar with non-functional requirements such as performance and load testing.)
- Practice continuous integration, embrace open source software, and make informed technology and product decisions. (We are an Agile development shop and regularly demo our work to project stakeholders.)
- Work with strong SDETs using latest tool and technologies to automate testing and provide quality of product to our customers. (Team members are empowered to champion new tools that provides richer functionalities or cuts down test development time.)
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- Up to 2 years’ experience of participating in software testing activities including test planning, execution, monitoring, defect tracking, and test reporting
- Your experience should include;
- XML, XSLT and web services
- Git or other distributed version control systems
- You should also have;
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts
- Passion about what you do and want to know how your work impacts ESO’s success
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
It’s a plus if you have experience of any or all of the following;
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practices
- Cloud Platforms, preferably Azure
- Startup or small company experience as you will be owning the various applications under test