DevOps Engineer – Belfast
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our US offices in Colorado, Iowa, Maryland and Texas and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
About the role
As a DevOps Engineer you will develop automation solutions for deploying the infrastructure and services required to run our applications in Azure. You’ll be a teacher, an engineer and an evangelist for modern DevOps and IaC practices. ESO’s tech stack includes backend services authored in .NET, Java and Scala.
Our frontend applications are typically developed using AngularJS and TypeScript. We leverage Azure’s cloud platform for SQL and NoSQL databases, elastic storage, asynchronous messaging and streaming analytics. Bamboo, Jenkins and Octopus Deploy are the primary tools used for CI/CD
More about what you’ll be doing
As an organization we are moving towards Infrastructure-As-Code and on demand environments. We are looking for the right individual that is excited to step into and pilot this project from the ground up. You will work closely with our Development and Quality teams to implement and advise the use of technologies, tools, and processes. The right individual will be excited for a challenge, motivated to push ahead, and passionate enough to inspire teams to move forward.
You can expect to:
- Work closely with development teams to move products to IaC.
- Be the subject matter expert and Go-To person for dev-ops across the organization
- Have flexibility and ownership of dev-ops technology and processes
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Experience with;
- .NET applications and SQL databases preferred
- a cloud platform such as Azure, AWS or GCP
- infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Powershell
- Passion about what you do and a desire to know how your work impacts ESO’s success
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
It’s a plus if you have experience:
- of automated testing tools
- of Docker and Kubernetes orchestration
- with Site Reliability Engineering
Location: this role will be based in our Belfast city center office.
Travel requirements: we like to give our NI based employees the opportunity to get to know our US colleagues and build valuable working relationships while soaking up both company and product information and understanding. Candidates should be aware that a week-long trip to our head office in Austin, Texas will be part of the onboarding process.
We do not anticipate regular travel to be part of this role.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their sex; religious or similar philosophical belief; political opinion; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.”