ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our US offices (Austin, Dallas, and Des Moines) and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
About the role
As a DevOps Engineer, you will develop automation solutions for deploying the infrastructure and services required to run our applications in Azure. You’ll be a teacher, an engineer and an evangelist for modern DevOps and IaC practices. ESO’s tech stack includes backend services authored in .NET, Java and Scala.
Our frontend applications are typically developed using AngularJS and TypeScript. We leverage Azure’s cloud platform for SQL and NoSQL databases, elastic storage, asynchronous messaging and streaming analytics. Bamboo, Jenkins and Octopus Deploy are the primary tools used for CI/CD.
More about what you’ll be doing
As an organization, we are moving towards Infrastructure-As-Code and on-demand environments. We are looking for the right individual that is excited to step into and pilot this project from the ground up. You will work closely with our Development and Quality teams to implement and advise the use of technologies, tools, and processes. The right individual will be excited for a challenge, motivated to push ahead, and passionate enough to inspire teams to move forward.
You can expect to:
- Work closely with development teams to move products to IaC.
- Be the subject matter expert and Go-To person for dev-ops across the organization
- Have flexibility and ownership of dev-ops technology and processes
The things you must have to be considered for this role:
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Experience with .Net Applications and SQL databases preferred
- Experience with a cloud platform such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python or PowerShell.
- A large group of former co-workers who will say they loved working with you
- Passion about what you do and a desire to know how your work impacts ESO’s success
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes orchestration