ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our offices in Austin, Texas and Des Moines, Iowa.
About the role
ESO is seeking an Event Manager to manage a broad array of events, including industry tradeshows, regional user groups, and our annual data and customer conference, Wave. The ideal candidate will help develop ESO’s event vision and strategy, as well as tactically execute the strategy to enhance our reputation, drive new business, and nurture our existing customer relationships. The position will require critical thinking, forward thinking, creativity, flexibility, attention to detail, and teamwork.
Here’s what you’ll be expected to do:
- Effectively manage 10+ national industry tradeshows, 10+ Regional User Groups, and ESO’s annual Wave conference with 1,000+ attendees.
- Identify, measure and report on KPIs and metrics to determine success at tradeshows and events.
- Create detailed proposals for all events, including timelines, venues, vendors, staffing, and budgets.
- Effectively manage budget, logistics, and vendors related to tradeshows and events.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams, including product team, sales team, and marketing team, to ensure accurate content for each show.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure lead-capture activities are being followed and leads are accurately reported in Salesforce.
- Travel to all events and tradeshows to ensure logistics, booth staffing, lead capture, etc., run smoothly.
- Work closely with marketing teammates to ensure promotion and registration for events are happening in a timely manner.
Here’s what you’ll need to apply:
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience managing a mixture of industry trade shows, regional events, and large customer conferences, including budget, KPI performance, vendor management, and hands-on execution.
- Extremely organized and attention to fine details around budget and logistics for tradeshows.
- Strong project management skills to ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Strong communication skills and fearless attitude to ensure alignment across all departments, including executives, product, sales and marketing.
- Sense of urgency to ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain composure and performance in an extremely high-stress, fast-paced environment.
- Experience reporting on event performance against a set of pre-defined business objectives.
- Understanding of lead lifecycle and funnel.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.