ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 14,000 customers out of our offices in Austin, Texas and Des Moines, Iowa.
About the role
The Implementation Administrator is a multi-tasker who is obsessed with organization and details. You are excited about talking to new people daily, but enjoy supporting and interacting with your immediate team. You are self-motivated and thrive on anticipating the changing needs of your clients. You are a “roll with it” and “think on your feet” kind of person, but comfortable with taking the bull by the horns when needed. The right candidate for this role loves being on the front lines with customers and “How can I help you?” is your favorite phrase!
More about you
You will be the first ESOer our customers meet post-sale and will be responsible for letting customers know that sales isn’t the only time you get a fantastic experience at ESO. You will ensure the initial implementation process runs smoothly.
You will provide communication and oversight through the initial phases of implementation. You can expect to:
- Work directly with the sales team, Implementation team, and client to understand the needs and requirements of the client.
- Ensure the client is motivated, excited and on task to complete their initial set up and that including timely scheduling of kickoff, accuracy and completion of setup documentation and project creation in Salesforce (SFDC).
- Maintain project status updates in SFDC.
- Assure that our partners (customers) feel heard, taken care of and most of all that the products and services you deliver take them to a place of success they couldn’t get to without us.
- Send out and review completed setup files to ensure prep for import.
- Manage multiple projects at varying stages of implementation.
- Communicate to all ESOers the value, status, excitement and progress of your department.
- Excellent Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office skills (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). SharePoint experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a technology company is a plus
- Salesforce experience is a plus