ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 14,000 customers out of our offices in Austin, Texas and Des Moines, Iowa.
About the role
ESO is seeking an experienced IT leader who can help us scale as we continue to grow in different markets. This role is equal parts hands-on and strategic in which you’ll own the overall responsibility for the non-production technology infrastructure for ESO.
More about you
You see yourself as someone who takes a customer service approach to all things IT. You constantly challenge yourself and others on your team to help take better care of our employees. You know how to manage by influence and demonstrate strong “EQ” in stressful situations.
You can expect to:
- Own overall responsibility for the non-production technology infrastructure for ESO
- Identify and monitor all security vulnerabilities related to technology infrastructure and processes across the company; work with Security/Compliance team to resolve issues and to ensure processes and tools are in place to protect the company, employees, and customers
- Actively participate in preparations for security reviews and audits, including SOC2 efforts
- Set the pace for IT at ESO, in terms of timeliness to complete tasks, throughput, communication, and effort (lead by example)
- Support employees’ use of company systems and troubleshoot issues in a timely manner
- Ensure IT coverage across the employee base and across the spectrum of work hours
- Support people and IT infrastructure across multiple offices, and create reusable templates for office moves and the opening of new company offices (ensure a scalable model and approach)
- Mentor and lead the IT Team and actively foster growth of team members
- Own IT budget and work within it; report on expenditures and identify needs
- Establish prioritization of key tasks and ensure multiple parallel efforts are accomplished
- Conduct technical due diligence in conjunction with strategic partnerships and M&A efforts
- Work collaboratively with System Engineering team to ensure efforts are aligned and coordinated
- Establish company standards for employees, including digital communication, conferencing & video conferencing tools, hardware, and software
- Create and maintain an inventory of all hardware and software in use by company employees
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- 5 years’ progressive experience in IT
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and computer hardware/software systems
- Proven ability to motivate, coach and develop others
- Ability to influence and build relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment