IT Network & Facilities Manager
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our US offices (Austin, Dallas, and Des Moines) and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
About the role
ESO is seeking an IT Network & Facilities Manager who will oversee all network and building-related activities. You will be responsible for ensuring that our offices remain secure, connected, and are efficiently operating. The ultimate goal? Ensure everything is running problem-free and safely so that our team has the appropriate facilities and access needed to do their jobs. This role will require you to:
- Act as a technical and business leader and a lead problem solver.
- Be able to effectively and fluidly collaborate, negotiate and work harmoniously with others of both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Be thoughtful and deliberate, with a bias for action and a strong inclination for finishing tasks and projects.
More about what you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems and network hardware and software. Additionally, this role participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure, and ensures infrastructure adheres to and supports defined policy.
You can expect to:
- Own the installation, configuration, monitoring and supporting of both new and existing infrastructure assets. Ensure offices and data center (including Cloud) locations are secure, connected and operating efficiently.
- Deploy, monitor and maintain Firewalls, Office and Cloud Routing, LAN switching and Wireless Infrastructure.
- Assist with the deployment of Office365 Azure Active Directory and related Security and Mobility components.
- Participate in vulnerability scanning and patch management processes.
- Contribute to annual Penetration Testing and subsequent remediation efforts.
- Act as escalation point for all internal and external customer technical support required for computer workstation hardware and software, telephone, network, operating system, printing, and Internet access problems.
- Routinely visit each office location to complete preventative and restorative work.
- Coordinate with local office managers to ensure any needs for remote locations are captured and escalated to the appropriate owner.
- Coordinate with relevant 3rd parties to ensure complete of technical work (low voltage, electrical, AV systems, phone, etc.) fully and on-schedule.
The things you must have to be considered for this role:
- 5+ years of experience with Network Administration, including a high degree of confidence configuring a variety of vendor gear (Cisco, Palo Alto, Dell, Aruba, etc.). Experience should include VLANs, 802.1x access control, ACLs and Firewall Rules, QoS, Wireless troubleshooting/optimization– SD-WAN and Policy Based Routing experience a plus.
- 5+ years of Systems Administration experience with Linux and Windows Server Operating systems, including a firm understanding of Active Directory.
- 3+ years of Cloud Experience – Azure preferred, AWS/Google Cloud/VMware/others considered.
- 3+ years Financial management (project level budgeting and forecasting skills) and business acumen needed to support facilities and vendor management aspects of this role.
- College Degree in related field preferred; Applicable work experience and/or professional certifications may be considered in absence of a degree.
- Strong understanding of practical Network, Systems and Information Security a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of PCs, laptops, printers, and peripheral hardware devices, including both Windows and MacOS and related diagnostics software and procedures.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and diagnose all manner of technical issues required.
- Ability to travel between 10-15% of the time. This role will be expected to visit remote office locations in Dallas, TX, Des Moines, IA and Belfast, Ireland, on a periodic bases and to complete planned work and maintenance activities as needed.