Manager of Customer Support
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our US offices (Austin, Dallas, and Des Moines) and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
About the role
ESO is seeking a Manager of Customer Support to lead and inspire our world-class technical support team.
More about what you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for leading a team that provides exceptional support to customers who use our healthcare software applications. This is very much a player/coach role where you will be guiding the support team and engaging with customers directly. The ideal person will have both technical credentials and a friendly, consultative approach to solving technical support team problems, customer problems, and/or product concerns.
You can expect to:
- Lead, inspire, and mentor a large technical support team
- Provide weekly reporting of defined support metrics to the Director of Support
- Effectively communicate with director, team lead, team and other associated teams across company
- Work with site reliability engineering team daily for review and prioritization of escalated support cases
- Respond to and/or initiate technical troubleshooting sessions with support team and customers – via phone, email, chat and remote sessions
- Interact with customers at all levels
- Manage and work support tickets per industry best practices utilizing Salesforce
- Effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical customers
- Coordinate the resolution of technical issues with Advanced Support Teams and escalate issues per pre-established guidelines
- Manage and contribute to our knowledgebase (author and edit knowledge base articles)
- Maintain a working ability to assist with facilitation of reproduction of customer issues
- Provide backup to after hours on-call techs when needed
- The things you must have to be considered for this role:
- At least 3 – 5 years of demonstrated management experience in Technical Support environments, managing teams, calls, emails and other customer support channels
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or work experience
- Knowledge of common network services like DNS, Web Servers – IIS, FTP – SFTP, Email, and Database Analytics
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Windows platform, desktops, and servers
- Troubleshooting experience (PC hardware/software, browsers, etc.)
- Experience in a 24/7/365 work schedule environment
- Professional certifications are a plus, especially A+, Network+
- Healthcare industry experience is preferred