Payroll/Accounts Payable Specialist
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 14,000 customers out of our offices in Austin, Texas and Des Moines, Iowa.
About the role
ESO is seeking an accounting professional to drive process improvements in processing of payroll and accounts payable and help build a best-in-class function. Reporting to Assistant Controller and working with a team of professionals worldwide, the Payroll/Accounts Payable Specialist will help certify the accurate and timely execution payroll and accounts payables processes. An individual who is highly organized and can prioritize among diverse and competing tasks in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
More about you
- Process bi-monthly payroll timely and accurately
- Research and resolve technical payroll issues
- Propose payroll process enhancements
- Maintain payroll records
- Prepare timely and accurate Form W-2s and Form W-3s.
- Enter invoices and check requests into the accounting system, generate payments
- Resolve positive pay issues
- Prepare timely and accurate Form 1099’s
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing payables and expense reports
- Assist in the processing of expense reports, including tracking of employee reimbursable
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll processing techniques, procedures, calculations
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounts payable techniques, terminology, and tools
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience in the use of computer and commonly used software including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in payroll processing applications and software
- High level of skill at building relationships within the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
It’s a plus if you have experience with:
- Experience with TriNet
- Experience with Expensify