ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our US offices (Austin, Dallas, and Des Moines) and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
About the Role
ESO is searching for an experienced product manager to take the reins of our Asset Management, Inventory and Checklists, and Scheduling products. The product manager behind these product lines will work to combine technology and design to solve real customer problems in a way that meets the needs of the business; improving community health and safety through the power of data. The ideal candidate is a multi-tasker who has strong product acumen, processes and soft skills to coordinate with all functional areas of the organization towards successful product launches.
The buck stops with you when it comes to the development strategy and operations of the products and services in your care. You manage the planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle; market analysis, requirements gathering, ideation, getting stakeholder buy-in, decision making, ui/ux design, software development, go-to-market readiness with operations, sales and finance. You know how to manage by influence; listening to your constituents and guide towards a common goal. You consistently assess the value/why behind any action. You believe in our customers. You enjoy getting firsthand feedback from customers and knowing how your work impacts them directly.
You can expect to:
- Make our customers’ experience as amazing as possible using your creative problem-solving skills
- Gather and elaborate on product requirements from a variety of input streams from direct customer input through support channels, to steering committees, and product interlock requirements from our related product lines.
- Prioritize initiatives based on a multitude of variables: industry compliances, customer needs, sales drivers, technology changes, etc.
- Communicate product vision by highlighting proposed features and their business value.
- Help define releases as a collection of new/incremental features, architectural improvements, and allocations for technical debt.
- Work with system architects to understand architectural work to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the key technological infrastructures to support your product.
- Assist in the creation of acceptance criteria to guide sprint and release execution.
- Integrate change management activities into go-to-market plans.
- Participate in continuous integration, production release management and solution validation.
- Contribute to retrospectives and evaluate returns on investment.
- Provide direct support and coaching to all levels of management as they help their direct reports.
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- Experience in product management at a fast-growing software company
- Proven ability to manage details on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Significant experience defining and launching features that meet the needs of customers and the business
- Ability to balance priorities among the long-term vision and short-term execution of our products
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken and like to have fun when working with co-workers, prospects and customers
- History working collaboratively with design and development teams
- Experience using Salesforce, Atlassian and AHA! tools
It’s a plus if you have:
- PMP Certification
- Agile Product Management Certification