Revenue Accountant/Billing Specialist
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place work. We serve more than 14,000 customers out of our offices in Austin, Texas and Des Moines, Iowa.
About the role
ESO is seeking a Revenue Accountant/Billing Specialist. You’ll be responsible for managing customer invoicing, reviewing customer contracts for compliance per GAAP revenue recognition rules, and maintaining the accuracy of customer accounts. This position is great for an entry-level accountant who understands the basics of GAAP revenue recognition and eager to apply and grow their skills. The ideal candidate is a fast learner who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, comfortable performing research, driven to improve workflow processes, and possess strong soft skills to coordinate cross-functionally. This position has plenty of opportunity for growth!
More about you
You can expect to:
- Manage customer invoicing, including reviewing customer contracts for proper compliance.
- Apply customer payments daily to maintain an accurate AR balance.
- Manage the unapplied cash account, including performing research to determine proper action and obtain necessary approvals for customer refunds.
- Review customer accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accounting system correlates with customer resource management system; including accurate billing information and activity status.
- Ensure customer accounts reflect accurate tax exemption status and contains proper documentation.
- Review implementation status on a weekly basis to ensure billing subscription periods are accurate for products dependent on Go-Live.
- Assist with monthly close activities by ensuring billing is complete and accurate. Work closely with Sales and Legal to ensure compliance with GAAP revenue recognition.
- Assist the Revenue Accounting Manager with special projects and other revenue assignments.
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or business degree; and/or at least 2 years of accounting experience
- Basic understanding of GAAP Revenue Recognition (preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience using NetSuite, SalesForce, and Zuora (preferred)
- Experience with or comfortable reading and interpreting contracts
- Experience working in technology or software industry (preferred)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Comfortable performing research with minimal guidance