Senior .NET Developer
Come help shape the future of healthcare. If you like solving difficult problems while making a difference, you’ll like working with us.
At ESO, we’re innovative problem solvers with a passion for moving healthcare forward. We have a team of talented people who enjoy coming to work every day in an established, cutting edge company that has worked hard to maintain its start-up feel. We’re dedicated to solving some of healthcare’s most difficult problems through data and collaboration. If you’ve been looking for a challenge and aren’t satisfied with just showing up to work…let’s talk.
A little about us
At ESO it isn’t enough to provide a software product. We provide wicked cool, clinically sophisticated, well-designed tools that make our customers’ jobs easier. Our products provide them the data to make the right decisions for their communities and help them collaborate with other areas of the healthcare system. The result? Patients get the absolute best care possible. And we’re just getting started.
Our team is made up of technologists, medical experts, data gurus, photographers, cyclists, and aspiring guitarists. The unifying force is our passion for what we do. We embrace a culture of openness and collaboration, where people lead with ideas, not job titles.
A little about you, if you’re for us
- You like challenges. If you wake up in the middle of the night with the next great idea and can’t go back to sleep until you get a chance to write it down, you’ll fit in with us. If you get frustrated working in inefficient, top-heavy companies and want to be somewhere you can truly make a difference, we might be a match. We are building the company we want to work for every day and we encourage everyone to take part in continually shaping the new ESO.
- You love small teams. You’d rather be on a team with 100 “A” players than 1,000 corporate drones. Accountability is a term you are familiar with. You love working in a team, but also are capable of cranking out work independently.
- You believe in our customers. We use our national user conference, regional user groups and steering committees to get ESOers in front of our customers. You enjoy getting firsthand feedback from customers and knowing how your work impacts them directly. You can’t make a difference at ESO if you don’t understand our customers.
As a member of ESO’s development team, you will be collaborating with our highly talented engineers and designers to build the next generation of ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Our developers are passionate about their craft and revel in shipping software that improves patient care. If you are ready to write elegant and innovative code that will affect real change, this is the job for you.
More about what you’ll be doing
You can expect to write code for the browser, the database and everywhere in-between. As a .NET engineer, you will be writing code targeting the latest version of the CLR and we encourage you to think creatively in order to fully utilize the C# language. You will also participate in regular design sessions and code reviews.
Our developers lead by championing a culture of personal ownership and customer focused execution. We love engineers who pride themselves not only on excellent code but excellent end-user experiences as well.
We are an Agile development shop and regularly demo our work to project stakeholders. To support this methodology, we practice continuous integration, embrace open source software, and empower our developers to make informed technology and product decisions.
The stuff you must have to give us a resume
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- A large group of former co-workers who will say they loved working with you.
- SOLID experience with C# and the .NET Framework
- Knowledge of OO concepts and design patterns
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts
- When we call your references, they should tell us we’d be fools not to hire you.
- Knowledge of modern .NET web frameworks (ASP.NET MVC, ServiceStack, WCF)
- Exposure to Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment practices
- You are passionate about what you do and want to know how your work impacts ESO’s success.
- Experience with unit testing and mocking frameworks (NUnit / Moq / NSubstitute)
- Experience with modern source control systems (Git, Mercurial, etc.)
Nice to have
- Cloud Platforms (AWS / Azure)
- Functional programming experience
- Experience with Healthcare technology