Senior Systems Engineer
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our US offices (Austin, Dallas, and Des Moines) and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
About the role
This position is responsible for the safety and security of some of the most important data on the planet, healthcare data. Your focus will be on the operational posture of our production environment with a close working relationship with all business functions within the company. We expect the Senior Systems Engineer to continually drive improvements in production operations while collaborating with the product and development teams to help set infrastructure and security priorities.
More about you
The right candidate for this role will be well versed in networking concepts like VPN, routing, NAT and security protocols. Additional responsibilities will include developing scripting/automation recipes for network devices and Microsoft Azure services, Windows server administration and configuration management of virtual machines clustered in our IaaS environment. Emphasis will also be placed on contributing to our infrastructure monitoring and alerting capabilities for our IaaS and PaaS resources.
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- Cloud IaaS and PaaS experience in either AWS or Azure, including direct VPNs, virtual networking, VM automation and container orchestration
- Extensive experience with Windows systems deployment and administration concepts
- High degree of understanding of networking concepts like VPNs, NAT, IP routing, ACLs
- Extensive experience with server virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with Application security, L7 routing concepts, IDM solutions and API gateways
- Experience with Active Directory, Azure AD and OAuth
- Experience with production monitoring software for vulnerability scanning, threat detection, resource monitoring and threshold alerting
- Experience with identity management / federated identity solutions
- Experience with Agile methodologies and supporting tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience with configuration and change management tools
Nice to haves for this role:
- In depth knowledge of f5 and related concepts like iRules, datagroups, APM, iControl REST and L2L VPN
- Experience with SIEM systems like Splunk and SumoLogic