Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place work. We serve more than 14,000 customers out of our offices in Austin, Texas and Des Moines, Iowa.
About the role
As a member of ESO’s development team, you will be collaborating with our highly talented engineers and designers to build the next generation of ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Our engineers are passionate about their craft and revel in shipping software that improves patient care and community safety. If you are creative, thorough, and quality obsessed, this is the role for you.
More about you
You can expect to:
- Design, plan, and execute test plans and test cases for ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Your work will be essential to ensuring that our product offerings meet and exceed our customer’s expectations by testing all tiers in our distributed application stack.
- Verify data flows within applications, test on variety of device types (web, native, mobile), as well as verify proper software behavior at various levels (user interface, API, backend). You should be comfortable integrating automation tests within CI/CD pipelines and familiar with non-functional requirements testing such as performance and load testing.
- Practice continuous integration, embrace open source software, and make informed technology and product decisions. We are an Agile development shop and regularly demo our work to project stakeholders
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Experience with software testing techniques, methodologies
- Proven track record of participating in software testing activities including test planning, execution, monitoring, defect tracking, and test reporting
- Experience with OOP languages (C# or Java) and SOLID design principles
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts
- Experience with XML, XSLT, SOAP and web services
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems
- A large group of former co-workers who will say they loved working with you.
- Passion about what you do and want to know how your work impacts ESO’s success.
- Cloud Platforms (Azure / AWS / GCP), desired
- Scripting language experience (e.g. Python, PowerShell), desired
- Exposure to Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment practices, desired
- Experience in Healthcare and Fire industries, desired