Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place work. We serve more than 14,000 customers out of our offices in Austin, Texas and Des Moines, Iowa.
About the role
As a member of ESO’s QA team, you will be collaborating with our highly talented engineers and designers to test the next generation of ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Our engineers are passionate about their craft and revel in shipping software that improves patient care and community safety. If you are creative, thorough, and passionate about quality, this is the role for you.
More about you
You can expect to:
- Design, plan, and execute test plans and test cases for ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. ( Yourwork will be essential to ensuring that our product offerings meet and exceed our customer’s expectations by testing all tiers in our distributed application stack. )
- To proactively seek out information and apply them to create new testing frameworks or approach. ( You should be comfortable asking questions and seek out all the variables needed for your equation. Then get ready to balance it. )
- Practice continuous integration, embrace open source software, and make informed technology and product decisions. ( We are an Agile development shop and regularly demo our work to project stakeholders. )
- Work with strong SDETs using latest tool and technologies to automate testing and provide quality of product to our customers. ( Team members are empowered to champion new technologies that enhances existing testing stack. )
- Track record of participating in software testing activities including test planning, execution, monitoring, defect tracking, and test reporting
- Strong programming experience with Java or Scala. Prior experience with automation API testing.
- Good design principles on creating and maintaining automation frameworks
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts.
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems
- A large group of former co-workers who will say they loved working with you
- Passion about what you do and want to know how your work impacts ESO’s success
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Exposure to Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practices
- Prior experience with Jmeter is strongly desired.
- Experience with cloud Platforms preferably Azure
- Start up or small company experience is desired as you will be owning the various applications under test