Software Engineer Intern
ESO Solutions is searching for a dynamic Software Engineer Intern for the Summer.
Working at ESO
Come help shape the future of healthcare. If you like solving difficult problems while making a difference, you’ll like working with us.
At ESO, we’re innovative problem solvers with a passion for moving healthcare forward. We have a team of talented people who enjoy coming to work every day in an established, cutting edge company that has worked hard to maintain its start-up feel. We’re dedicated to solving some of healthcare’s most difficult problems through data and collaboration.
A little about us
At ESO it isn’t enough to provide a software product. We provide wicked cool, clinically sophisticated, well-designed tools that make our customers’ jobs easier. Our products provide them the data to make the right decisions for their communities and help them collaborate with other areas of the healthcare system. The result? Patients get the absolute best care possible. And we’re just getting started.
Our team is made up of technologists, medical experts, data gurus, photographers, cyclists, and aspiring guitarists. The unifying force is our passion for what we do. We embrace a culture of openness and collaboration, where people lead with ideas, not job titles.
A little about you, if you’re for us
- You like challenges. If you wake up in the middle of the night with the next great idea and can’t go back to sleep until you get a chance to write it down, you’ll fit in with us. We are building the company we want to work for every day and we encourage everyone to take part in continually shaping the new ESO.
- You love small teams. You’d rather be on a team with 100 “A” players than 1,000 corporate drones. Accountability is a term you are familiar with.
- You love working in a team, but also are capable of cranking out work independently.
- You believe in our customers. We use our national user conference, regional user groups and steering committees to get ESOers in front of our customers. You enjoy getting firsthand feedback from customers and knowing how your work impacts them directly. You can’t make a difference at ESO if you don’t understand our customers.
As a Software Engineer Intern of ESO’s Engineering team, you will be collaborating with our highly talented engineers and designers to build the next generation of ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Our engineers lead by championing a culture of personal ownership and customer focused execution.
We are an Agile development shop and regularly demo our work to project stakeholders. To support this methodology, we practice continuous integration, embrace open source software, and empower our developers to make informed technology and product decisions.
You will be not be working by yourself on a research project that will never see the light of the day. Interns at ESO work closely with the engineering team on projects suitable for their skill level, participate in the same project activities as the staff, get guidance and mentorship from senior engineers and gain real-life experience that will be vital later when entering the full-time workforce.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems
- Object-oriented development experience with either C# or Java
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts
- A passion for what you do and understanding how your work impacts ESO’s success
Nice to have
- Scripting language experience (e.g. Python, PowerShell)
- Cloud Platforms (e.g. Azure)
- Exposure to Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment practices
- Previous internship experience at a software development business