SRE – DevOps
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 14,000 customers out of our offices in Austin, Texas and Des Moines, Iowa.
About the role
ESO is seeking an experienced DevOps engineer for its Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team to automate and streamline processes for our multiproduct cloud-based SaaS environment. Candidates for this role need strong DevOps fundamentals and experience working with Azure managed services.
More about you
The Site Reliability Engineering team is a highly collaborative group dedicated to developing hotfix solutions for operational problems, responding to outages, and monitoring the overall operational health of ESO’s production systems.
In this role, you can expect to manage deployments across pre-production and production environments, automate processes for monitoring system health, work with development teams to troubleshoot production issues, and develop applications for internal departments.
As a SRE, you’ll improve our processes through automation and new technologies that enable teams to deliver robust, scalable solutions that adhere to SLAs and core performance metrics. Troubleshooting and root cause analysis play a central role in the feedback cycle of continuously improving our software solutions.
You are the right person for this role if you are a proactive learner who is detail oriented and thorough in their work. As passionate technologists, we encourage developers to be creative, thoughtful and mission-driven contributors that take pride and ownership in their craft.
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- Strong working experience with CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Octopus etc.)
- Strong working experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet etc.)
- Strong understanding of containerization/microservices and associated tools (Docker etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Windows Administration and MS Azure Cloud-based Services
- Working understanding of code and script (C# .NET & PowerShell preferred)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (SQL Server preferred)
- Experience debugging cloud-based applications
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- An outstanding drive to learn and work with new technologies
Nice to have for this role:
- Experience working with Linux virtual machines
- Experience using Git
- Familiarity with systems like JIRA/Confluence/Salesforce