VP of Product Management
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our US offices (Austin, Dallas, and Des Moines) and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
About the role
We are seeking an innovative, mission-driven Vice President of Product Management to scale our industry-leading suite of cloud-based products. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will oversee the business strategy, product roadmap and product requirements across our healthcare and fire markets. You will create and manage a dynamic and collaborative organization that translates ESO’s mission and vision into an innovative, industry-leading product ecosystem.
ESO is at a seminal moment in its ongoing evolution, transitioning firmly into a scale-up business with a combination of established products and newly acquired applications. You will be responsible for integrating the overall product suite so our customers have a seamless experience that maximizes the benefits of software interoperability. You will assist in evaluating M&A targets for technical quality and the potential to integrate into the suite.
Most importantly, the right candidate for this role will attract, mentor and inspire a product team that will evaluate and plan the roadmap, develop requirements and launches the products and services that create a compelling experience for our customers. You will need to play the role of strategist, coach, evangelist, and leader.
More about you
You are a strong team player who can easily move between big-picture thinking and detailed tactical requirements and execution. Additionally, you have successfully developed or been a leader in a high-performance team that has delivered success for scaling or at-scale companies across a diverse product portfolio. You are a quick learner who can synthesize the needs of our market and industry, as well as translate those needs into a roadmap of actionable steps. Additionally, you’ll lead a multi-disciplinary effort for successful product delivery. In this position, you will report to the Chief Strategy Officer and collaborate regularly with our extended leadership teams.
You can expect to:
- Develop and champion a compelling product vision, strategy, and roadmap in support of ESO’s goals and objectives
- Understand customer and market needs. Contribute customer, product, and market knowledge to inform decisions on product vision and strategy
- Understand and analyze market offerings and competitor capabilities
- Use product management methodology to drive roadmap definition, documentation, communication, and governance
- Define, articulate, and manage product requirements through a cross-functional team, ensuring effective communication with all stakeholders
- Lead, coach, and develop a high-performing product management team, while creating and evolving the ideal organizational structure
- Develop a strong relationship between product and engineering teams
- Be accountable for the delivery of the product from requirement to usage and in-life management
- Rapidly iterate and evolve the product to meet the needs of a hyper-growth company, while creating scalable solutions and anticipating future customer needs
- Participate in the Senior Leadership team and help provide guidance to the company as a whole
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- 8+ years in product management leadership roles, ideally with SaaS solutions in high-growth companies
- A unique blend of business and technical savvy with a focus on delivering amazing customer experiences
- Ability to build big-picture vision and the operational drive to make that vision a reality
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build high-performing teams and attract and retain top product talent
- Demonstrated strategic planning and operational execution skills
- Experienced in agile product planning and development methodologies
- Ability to delegate and manage competing deadlines efficiently
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or technology-related field preferred