ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our US offices (Austin, Dallas, and Des Moines) and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
About the role
ESO is searching for a few innovative product-focused folks who want to jump in and build amazing data-centric software. Our Business Analysts have a major role in product direction from soup to nuts – in other words, opportunity evaluation, product market research, requirements gathering & documentation, agile user story creation, customer satisfaction, and support of our software. This includes improving existing products as well as the formation of new products and finding new ways to leverage our strengths to improve healthcare that we haven’t even thought of yet.
You will participate in all phases of product development from market and strategy to implementation and launch. A great day in this position will involve your individual contributions to several different product initiatives at various stages of their life.
More about you
You have strong, demonstrable client-facing skills… in other words, you have to make sense to the people around you. You will be able to understand customer needs, assign value to them – and drive them into your product. You have a clear understanding of how data can change the world and how you can harness that power and how our customers can benefit from it.
You “get” developers. ESO runs a VERY collaborative ship… a close working relationship with your development team will be HUGE in your success.
You are an Agile Ninja. We are looking for experience with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development principles. Special credit goes to those with expert knowledge of our tools of choice: A-ha, Jira, and Salesforce.
You can expect to:
- Work with engineering teams to convert high-level product requirements into Epic’s and User Stories ripe for the execution phase.
- Reiterate product vision to our development team by highlighting proposed features and their business value.
- Help define releases as a collection of new/incremental features, architectural improvements, and allocations for technical debt.
- Contribute to the development process execution and assist in the creation of acceptance criteria to guide sprint and release execution.
- Work with the Development Manager and wider Product team to integrate change management and go to market activities into project execution and release plans.
- Provide product subject matter expertise to ESO support and implementation staff to create a world class customer experience.
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- Experience in product development at a fast-growing software company
- History working closely with design and development teams
- Significant experience authoring and managing agile user stories from the user perspective.
- Passion for making customers’ experience as amazing as possible using your creative problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office tools
- You have strong communication skills, both written and spoken and like to have fun when working with co-workers, prospects and customers.
- Ability to work collaboratively to get results
- A passion for what you do and understanding how your work impacts ESO’s success
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
It’s a plus if you have any or all of the following;
- Real life work experience with JIRA/AHA
- Agile Product Management Certification
- Experience managing cloud-based web applications
- Proficiency with writing SQL queries
- Third level qualification