How You’ll Support Our Mission
The Inventory team provides Emergency Services with an eCommerce solution that ensures supplies and medications are available to the right people at the right time! This web application revolutionises the way that Fire and Ambulance crews record and manage the medical supplies they bring to every call. We then provide them with smart data on what items need to be restocked and help them to retrieve those supplies quickly and effectively. The Frontend application is written in Angular, with backend Azure serverless APIs in C#.
What You’ll Be Doing – the day to day
Software Development Managers at ESO are creative technologists who lead by example, setting the pace and tone for building a culture of high-performing teams. You will collaborate frequently with designers, product managers and business stakeholders throughout ESO to deliver compelling products that integrate with our healthcare and public safety SaaS suite.
You will provide direction and oversight through all phases of the product release cycle (design, development and quality assurance), aligning development objectives with product milestones and customer satisfaction. As a Software Development Manager, one of your key responsibilities is to build and maintain a passionate, engaged and effective Engineering team. You do this by taking a deep interest in the people that report to you by making sure they are happy, motivated and challenged in what they are doing.
Who You Are - some of the essential things required to be successful in the role:
- 3+ years’ experience in leading, managing or mentoring a Software Development team. We welcome applications from those who may not be currently in a Managerial role but are looking for the next step in their career.
- Have a passion for people, growing teams and delivering with quality at the forefront.
- Strong teamwork and collaborative decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in writing and verbally.
Who You Are – it’s desirable if you have any of the following:
- Agile development methodologies (Scrum / Kanban).
- With popular unit testing and mocking frameworks.
- Building loosely coupled applications using microservices and integration patterns.
- Evaluating third-party libraries/frameworks.
- PaaS and IaaS cloud technologies (Azure/AWS).
- Strong knowledge of OOP concepts and architectural patterns (Inversion of Control, Domain-Driven Design, MVC, etc.)
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Life insurance
- Income protection insurance
- A generous pension contribution
- Private medical insurance including optical and dental
- A health cash plan
- Annual health and wellness allowance + cycle-to-work scheme
- Enhanced paternity leave and pay, enhanced adoptive pay, enhanced maternity pay
- Enhanced short and long-term sick pay,
- Great holiday entitlement
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our six US offices and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
Are you ready to Make a Difference?
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religious or similar philosophical belief; race; national origin; political opinion; sexual orientation; disability; marital or civil partnership status, or other non-merit factor.