How You’ll Support Our Mission
You will develop automation solutions for deploying the infrastructure and services required to run our applications in Azure. You’ll be a teacher, an engineer and a promoter for modern DevOps and Infrastructure-As-Code practices.
Our backend services authored in .NET, Java and Scala and our frontend applications are typically developed using AngularJS and TypeScript. We use Azure’s cloud platform for SQL and NoSQL databases, elastic storage, asynchronous messaging and streaming analytics. Azure DevOps, Jenkins and Octopus Deploy are the primary tools used for CI/CD.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Development, you will be part of our EHR team and be based in our Halifax, Nova Scotia office.
What You’ll Be Doing – the day to day
You can expect to:
- You will be a key member on the Agile software development team focused on our Emergency Medical Services (EMS) applications.
- Your expertise in DevOps will enable you to be the EMS champion for our Cloud Modernization investment.
- Work with your development and quality team members to implement and advise on the use of technologies, tools and processes and move them towards infrastructure -as-code and Azure App Service/Functions.
- Participate in our organization-wide DevOps Guild to advance Cloud Modernization and create DevOps Best Practice.
- Have flexibility and ownership of DevOps technology and processes.
- Please note this list is not exhaustive.
Who You Are - some of the essential things required to be successful in the role;
- 3+ years as a DevOps Engineer
- Experience with cloud environments, preferably Azure
- Infrastructure as code tools preferably Terraform. Also consider CloudFormation, Ansible
Who You Are – it’s desirable if you have experience of any or all of the following:
- APM/Infrastructure monitoring and alerting tools such as New Relic or App Insights
- CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Octopus etc.
- Scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Powershell
- Windows and Linux environments