How You’ll Support Our Mission
Software Engineering Managers at ESO lead our engineering teams from the front to deliver customer value and features to meet our mission of Improving Community Health and Safety with the power of data. Our Engineering teams create and maintain first-rate applications that feed life-changing research into healthcare processes. We are a predominantly Microsoft house, leveraging a range of technology in Azure, including serverless APIs in C#, various PaaS and IaaS offerings deployed via IaC and standardised on Angular (including micro) front-ends.
If you are a strong, passionate and ambitious Software Engineering Manager who really wants to make a difference, this is the job for you.
You will report to the Director of Engineering as part of our Product Engineering team. This position is based out of our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
What You’ll Be Doing - The Day to Day
Software Engineering Managers at ESO are creative technologists who lead by example, setting the pace and tone for building a culture of high-performing teams. You will collaborate frequently with designers, product managers, business stakeholders and engineers throughout ESO to deliver compelling products that integrate with our healthcare and public safety SaaS suite.
You will provide direction and oversight through all phases of the product release cycle (design, development, and quality assurance), aligning development objectives with product milestones and ultimately, customer satisfaction. As a Development Manager, one of your key responsibilities is to build and maintain a passionate, engaged, and effective Engineering team. You do this by taking a deep interest in the people who report to you by making sure they are happy, motivated, and challenged in what they are doing.
Who You Are - The Essentials
- 2+ years’ experience in leading, managing or mentoring a Software Development team.
- Have a passion for people, growing teams and delivering with quality at the forefront.
- Strong teamwork and collaborative decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrated ability to track a plan and deliver outcomes.
Who You Are - The Desirables:
- Agile development methodologies (Scrum / Kanban).
- With popular unit testing and mocking frameworks.
- Building loosely coupled applications using microservices and integration patterns.
- Evaluating third-party libraries/frameworks.
- A diverse technical background utilizing Microsoft technologies utilizing XML and JSON.
- PaaS and IaaS cloud technologies (Azure/AWS).
- Strong knowledge of OOP concepts and architectural patterns (Inversion of Control, Domain Driven Design, MVC, etc.)
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience with Domain Driven Design, CQRS and event-based architectures are a bonus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Life insurance ( 4 x base salary)
- Critical Illness Cover
- Income protection insurance
- A generous pension contribution (7.5% employer contribution)
- Private medical insurance including optical and dental
- A health cash plan
- Hybrid working model and a modern City Centre Office
- Annual health and wellness allowance + cycle-to-work scheme
- Enhanced paternity leave and pay, enhanced adoptive pay, enhanced maternity pay
- Enhanced short and long-term sick pay,
- Great holiday entitlement
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our six US offices and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
Are you ready to Make a Difference?
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religious or similar philosophical belief; race; national origin; political opinion; sexual orientation; disability; marital or civil partnership status, or other non-merit factor.