ESO is seeking a Systems Engineer with acumen in Network and infrastructure operations in both Datacenter and Cloud environments to join our team. As part of operating, maintaining, and defining the future of ESO’s operations you will be tasked with areas such as Automation & Performance Efficiency, Operational Excellence, Emergency Response, Security, Scalability & Reliability.
This role will require you to:
- Act as a technical lead, and problem solver and seek out ways to improve what we do.
- Adapt to change, and embrace new technologies and ways of working.
- Be able to effectively and fluidly collaborate, negotiate and work harmoniously with others of both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Be thoughtful and deliberate, with a bias for action and a strong inclination for finishing tasks and projects.
More about what you’ll be doing
ESO operates its flagship product – ESO Suite by leveraging public cloud services. You will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of the operating network. Additionally, this role drives automation, infrastructure & network as code, participates in technical research, enables continuing innovation, and ensures our network operations adhere to and support defined policy.
You can expect to:
- Develop and implement solutions across a global, multi-tenant cloud environment.
- Work in collaboration with your colleagues to define and drive towards the future state of modern, cloud-based, services (technologies, topology, configuration, automation, standards, etc.).
- Evaluate technologies, software, systems, and services to architect solutions.
- Be responsible to ensure that all security, availability, confidentiality, privacy policies and applicable controls are adhered to.
- Monitor services through alerting systems and troubleshoot connectivity & performance issues, analyze, debug, and diagnose.
- Resolve and restore services and conduct root cause analysis of SEV-1 incidents.
- Maintain and create documentation about our environment including diagrams, troubleshooting guides, and standard operating procedures.
- Deliver on our Infrastructure as Code (IaC) mandate, drive best practices for IaC and automation.
- Support innovation by maintaining a broad understanding of new and emerging technologies, develop ideas, and evangelize new ways to solve business challenges.
- Actively collaborate with your team members and colleagues across ESO.
- Participate in a team-based on-call rotation schedule.
- 4+ years of systems/network engineering experience in enterprise or service provider/cloud environments (Azure/AWS/GCP).
- 2+ years with Windows 2016+ or modern Linux administration.
- Experience with system security and countermeasures.
- Demonstrated capability to architect, design, research, develop, and implement technology solutions.
- Scripting experience with a focus on automation (Python, Go, YAML, REST, PowerShell) with exposure to automation tooling such as Terraform, Azure DevOps, and Jenkins.
The things that are nice to have for this role:
- Microsoft Azure experience.
- Experience working Agile development environment.
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes and related protocols, configurations, and syntax.
- Experience with creating and maintaining documentation in support of business continuity.
- Life insurance
- Income protection insurance
- A generous pension contribution
- Private medical insurance including optical and dental
- A health cash plan
- Annual health and wellness allowance + cycle-to-work scheme
- Enhanced paternity leave and pay, enhanced adoptive pay, enhanced maternity pay
- Enhanced short and long-term sick pay
- Hybrid working
- Great holiday entitlement