How you'll support our mission!
You will be responsible for ensuring that our global corporate network remains secure, connected, and efficiently operating. The goal? Ensure everything is running problem-free and safely so that our team has the appropriate facilities and access needed to do their jobs. Reporting to the Cloud Operations Manager you will be part of our Engineering team based in our Belfast Office.
What you’ll be doing: The day-to-day:
- Develop and implement network solutions at a global, multi-tenant and multi-cloud level environment.
- Evaluate networking technologies, software, systems, and services to develop technical solutions.
- Configure install, and maintain network services, equipment, and devices.
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues, analyze, debug, and diagnose packets and logs.
- Monitor network devices through alerting systems.
- Working closely with the Platform Team and partner teams within ESO to support existing systems and services.
- Documentation of standard operating procedures, network diagrams, troubleshooting guides, monitoring of systems, mitigating/restoration of network services, and active participation in deep-dive/root cause analysis of SEV-1 incidents.
- Support innovation by maintaining a high-level understanding of new and emerging technologies, developing new ideas and tools that expand customer and/or business needs.
- Partake in customer facing or other critical troubleshooting efforts as needed under time sensitive situations and in support of on-call rotation.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
Who You Are - some of the essential things required to be successful in the role:
- 4+ years of network engineering experience in enterprise or service provider/cloud environments (Azure/ AWS/GCP).
- 2+ years with architecture, design and topology, research, development, and implementation of enterprise networks.
- 2+ years with IP routing and switching protocols, IPsec and SSL VPN’s, load balancers (Azure, F5 BIG-IP).
- Experience with network security and countermeasures, including but not limited to firewalls, ACL’s, IDS, IPS, SIEM.
- Experience in automation around networking with exposure to tooling such as Terraform, Ansible and Azure DevOps.
Who You Are – it’s desirable if you have some of the following experience:
- Experience with Windows 2012+ or modern Linux administration.
- Experience with transit networking and peering (VPC, Transit Gateway, ExpressRoute).
- Experience with creating and maintaining documentation and diagrams in support of business continuity.
- CCNP/CCIE or CCNA, Network+, Azure Network Engineer Associate, AWS SysOps, or Solutions Architect Associate Certification, CEH, Security+
- Microsoft Azure experience
- Experience working Agile development environment
- Life insurance
- Income protection insurance
- A generous pension contribution
- Private medical insurance including optical and dental
- A health cash plan
- Annual health and wellness allowance + cycle-to-work scheme
- Enhanced paternity leave and pay, enhanced adoptive pay, enhanced maternity pay
- Enhanced short and long-term sick pay,
- Great holiday entitlement