How You’ll Support Our Mission
As a member of ESO’s development team, you will be collaborating with our highly talented engineers and designers to build the next generation of ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Our developers are passionate about their craft and revel in shipping software that improves patient care. If you are ready to write elegant and innovative code that will affect real change, this is the job for you.
ESO is committed to creating accessible software that serves all our users, regardless of the situation, technology, or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of all our products. We are always looking for individuals who are passionate about creating software that is inclusive and solves all our user’s needs by ensuring it meets W3C available standards and guidelines.
Reporting to the Manager of Development you will be part of our Engineering team based in our Halifax, NS office.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
You can expect to develop analytical and software-based solutions to meet the needs of our product and customers. As a senior software engineer, you will participate in regular design sessions and code reviews, as well as mentoring and assisting other engineers. Our developers lead by championing a culture of personal ownership and customer focused execution. We love engineers who pride themselves not only on excellent code but excellent end-user experiences as well.
We are an Agile development shop and regularly demo our work to project stakeholders. To support this methodology, we practice continuous integration, embrace open-source software, and empower our developers to make informed technology and product decisions.
Who You Are - the essentials
- 7+ years’ experience in software development and design
- 4+ years’ experience in the Azure cloud services and components
- Cloud Platform knowledge (e.g. Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Experience with source control systems (ie. Git, Gitflow, etc.)
- Designing and implementing scalable software solutions
- Experience with SQL and ORM technologies
- Experience with automated test tools (nUnit, Cypress/Selenium)
Who You Are - the desirables (It’s a plus if you have):
- Knowledge and experience of CI/CD and DevOps
- Knowledge of NoSQL technologies
- Experience mentoring more junior software engineers
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing, CQRS