How You’ll Support Our Mission
ESO is seeking an accounting professional to participate in the quote-to-cash process and help build a best-in-class function. The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for managing customer invoicing, reviewing customer contracts for compliance per GAAP revenue recognition rules, and maintaining the accuracy of customer accounts. The ideal candidate is a self-starter & fast learner who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, understands the basics of GAAP revenue recognition, enjoys performing research, driven to improve workflow processes, and possesses strong soft skills to coordinate cross-functionally. This position has plenty of opportunity for growth!
Reporting to the Revenue Accounting Manager, you will be part of our Accounting and Finance team.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
- Manage customer invoicing, including reviewing customer contracts for proper compliance
- Review customer accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accounting system correlates with customer resource management system; including accurate billing information, tax, and activity status.
- Review implementation status on a weekly basis to ensure billing subscription periods are accurate for products dependent on Go-Live.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and variance analysis of relevant balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Assist with monthly close activities by ensuring billing is complete and accurate. Work closely with Sales and Legal to ensure compliance with GAAP revenue recognition.
- Assist the Revenue Accounting Manager with special projects and other revenue assignments.
Who You Are - the essentials
- Experience using NetSuite & SalesForce/CPQ
- Experience working within the technology or software industry
- Possesses critical thinking skills with high attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high priorities and have a willingness to learn
Who You Are - the desirables
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- CPA or chartered accountant
- Experience reading and interpreting contracts
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holiday
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursements
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our four US offices and our Halifax, Canada and Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.