2019 ESO Fire Trends Report
Learn what national fire service data is telling us this year.
In the fire service, the use of data has the potential to reduce community risk, improve responder safety, and, ultimately, transform fire departments. That’s why we want to do our part to make more fire data accessible to everyone.
Based on more than 630,000 calls, the 2019 ESO Fire Trends Report helps make nationwide data available to departments of all sizes. From the smallest volunteer department to a large department serving a major metropolitan area, fire department leaders can use the data in this Report to answer questions such as:
- How many of our calls are EMS calls vs. fire calls?
- How quickly do we respond to a call on average and what is our average travel time to a call?
- What are the most common property types we respond to?
- What are our most common responses overall? Among fire calls?
- How much property loss was reported overall? In aggregate by property type?
The Report can help fire departments identify which areas are in alignment and which areas represent an opportunity for further evaluation or improvement. Fill out the form to the right to download and view the findings.