Development Manager, Healthcare
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our offices in Austin, Texas and Des Moines, Iowa.
About the role
ESO is seeking a Development Manager for the Healthcare Team. Development Managers at ESO are creative technologists who lead by example, setting the pace and tone for building a culture of high performing teams. The right candidate for this role comes from a software development background and has experience hiring, mentoring and managing technical execution using agile methodologies. As a member of engineering leadership, you will collaborate frequently with designers, product managers and business stakeholders throughout the organization to deliver compelling healthcare products that integrate with ESO’s hospital, fire, and public safety SaaS suite. This position is to serve as the development manager for our healthcare products, including ESO’s flagship Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR) application.
More about what you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for the technical leadership of some of the most committed and brightest developers at ESO. These individuals have dedicated many non-mythical man-months to the products driving our company’s stellar growth.
You will provide direction and oversight through all phases of the product release cycle (design, development and quality assurance), aligning development objectives with product milestones and ultimately, customer satisfaction.
You can expect to:
- Participate in product release estimation and planning.
- Identify and escalate potential concerns related to project initiatives and recommend viable solutions.
- Review peer code, conduct design reviews, and review test plans.
- Coach and mentor developers at both a technical and a professional level.
- Work with your team members to create career growth opportunities
- Curate and publish unit and integration testing metrics.
- Coordinate quality assurance plans for all projects.
- Create and execute structured application deployment plans.
- Evaluate new technologies and provide recommendations.
- Recruit and retain “A” players.
- Read and write code!
The things you must have to be considered for this role (technical or otherwise):
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- At least 3 years managing a software development team
- Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
- Expert level knowledge of OOP concepts and architectural patterns (Inversion of Control, Domain Driven Design, MVC, etc.)
- Experience with popular unit testing and mocking frameworks
- Experience building loosely coupled applications using microservices and integration patterns
- Experience evaluating third-party libraries/frameworks
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Experience with PaaS and IaaS cloud technologies (Azure/AWS)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience and business acumen in the pre-hospital (EMS) area
- Experience working in a product-based company