ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our offices in Austin, Texas and Des Moines, Iowa.
About the role
ESO is searching for an experienced recruiter to take how we hire through the next phase of the company’s growth. The recruiter will be responsible for all parts of the recruitment life-cycle, including sourcing, driving candidate pipeline, branding the company as an employer of choice, and guiding hiring manager relationships.
As the company’s first internal recruiter, you set the tone for the company’s recruiting support model while also developing and implementing process and systems to support the company’s hiring efforts. The ideal candidate has a passion for hunting great talent, thrives in a fast paced, collaborative, and agile environment and will enjoy the freedom to develop new initiatives and roll out new programs internally.
More about you
You believe in our mission. You have a passion for finding talent and helping people grow their careers. You’re creative and work well both independently and collaboratively. Prioritization comes easy to you as you are diligent about understanding the company’s goals and mission and know how to adapt accordingly.
You are adaptive and work flexibly. You understand that at a high growth company things are always moving and evolving. You are excited to be a part of, and influence, the change that will carry us forward.
You can expect to:
- Partner with hiring managers and key stakeholders to understand and meet hiring needs in support of our business goals
- Hire across the US for a variety of roles, technical and non-technical
- Identify, explore, and execute effective tactics for sourcing, connecting with and screening candidates in order to build a strong pipeline
- Develop and execute a strategy for attracting talent to ESO, including events, meetups, and other community engagement activities.
- Post, maintain and track open roles; arrange interviews including scheduling at each stage as needed
- Track, analyze and iterate recruiting activities and personal metrics throughout the process, including understanding where there are roadblocks and working through the leadership to resolve them
- Advise on job descriptions, role profiles, scorecards and offer packages based on the position & company requirements and market while ensuring we maintain a high close rate and market competitiveness
- Partner with leadership and hiring managers to define and execute a world-class hiring process and positive candidate experience
- Ensure international hiring efforts are aligned with the ESO way
- Ensure hiring managers are trained on how to hire the ESO way
- Support and help grow the company’s diversity & inclusion initiatives
- Support the implementation of ATS system (Lever) and provide ongoing systems management
- Manage recruitment-related vendors
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- 3+ years experience in full cycle recruiting, ideally from a mix of both corporate and agency environments
- Demonstrated success in supporting a high growth, high change company, ideally in the SaaS/software industry
- A proactive self-starter who can demonstrate critical thinking, passion, and a collaborative approach to work
- Demonstrated aptitude for prioritization, creativity, ingenuity, diplomacy, and project management
- Strong understanding of innovative sourcing methodologies and experience with non-traditional channels to find new candidates
- Familiarity with relevant tools and programs (e.g., applicant tracking systems, LinkedIn, referral programs, and job boards)
- An interest in employer branding and community engagement
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience implementing & managing ATS systems, particularly Lever
- Experience building and implementing scalable recruitment processes & workflows
- Excitement about the opportunity to shape a company’s recruitment program