SDET – Firehouse
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our US offices (Austin, Dallas, and Des Moines) and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
About the role
ESO is seeking a System Development Engineer In Test – Firehouse is a key team member in the development, quality assurance and maintenance of our fire products. These products are used by thousands of customers every day. They help our customer do their jobs more effectively resulting in lives being saved. You will use your talents and skills to help fire departments mange important data accurately, comply with regulatory reporting requirements, use the data to identify trends that drive positive change, support inspections to prevent fires from happening, keep our firefighters safe, keep firefighting equipment ready to serve and make the communities safer. Now that is making a difference.
If you’re able to triage competing priorities, maintain grace under pressure, shift gears quickly, and be diplomatic but firm, please apply. If you’re a team player who can tap into an unwavering passion for our mission, you’ll fit in great here.
You will be responsible for manual and automated testing of new functionality and fixes incorporated into our fire products as well as regression testing the fire products.
More about you
As an ESOer, you’ll be responsible for bringing your “A” game daily. You’ll have a high energy level; a fantastic work ethic; an approachable, can-do-now attitude; and a personal style that energizes and uplifts other team members.
You can expect to:
- Participate in agile scrum ceremonies like standup meetings, backlog grooming and retrospectives
- Completing user stories using your automation, debugging and manual testing skills
- Participate as a team member with the objective of making the team and everyone on the team successful
- Work with very knowledgeable people that can help you learn and are anxious to learn from you
- Participate in a culture that believes in working and playing hard
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- At least 2 years of experience testing Visual FoxPro 7+ applications
- Ability to create, maintain, schedule, execute and automate test plans/cases using TCMS (TestRail or similar tool)
- Ability to perform unit, integration, regression and system testing and take complete ownership of product quality
- Ability to perform moderate to complex Microsoft Windows administration tasks like installations, upgrades, configuration, etc.
- Ability to develop and maintain moderate to complex Windows batch files or PowerShell scripts
- Ability to perform simple to moderate database administration using Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with Version Control (at least one of CVS, SVN, or git)
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Strong problem-solving skills with abilities to perform root cause analysis on environment/code issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in documenting, describing QA activities as well as keeping key stakeholders up-to-date on project progress
- Experience testing Windows desktop, web-based and as well as native mobile applications