How You’ll Support Our Mission
The DevOps Lead role is responsible for building out our DevOps practice within ESO and ensuring we have the right tools and platform in place to expand internationally and support our security endeavors. Leading by example, you will deliver the software to automate the creation, management and destruction of resources and environments necessary to scale responsively as necessary.
As part of the engineering team, you’ll report to the VP of Engineering, working across our various products. You will collaborate with our application, DevOps engineers and external consultants to build the next generation of our SaaS software platform and associated tools and patterns. As one of our leading Engineers, you demonstrate a passion for the craft, so that the software shipped makes a difference.
What You’ll Be Doing – the day to day
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Create pattern libraries so that other teams can leverage in Azure
- DevOps architectural and delivery lead for our critical infra projects (i.e. hands-on)
- Lead for approving DevSecOps plans and prioritization into Program Increments across the product and engineering delivery teams
- Build out a DevOps team
Your work will include:
- Writing well-thought and intentioned IaC software
- Agreeing and defining the DevOps tooling and practices for our engineers to follow
- Leading by example to help define DevOps architectural patterns for teams to follow
- Being a technical SME on DevOps tooling and selection, leveraging the best DevOps software architecture practices.
Who You Are - some of the essential things required to be successful in the role:
- 8+ years’ experience within a SaaS company (including 5+ years’ DevOps and 3+ years’ leadership experience.)
- Cloud platform expertise, preferably with Azure.
- CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins and Octopus Deploy, etc.
- Infrastructure as code and configuration management tools such as Terraform and Ansible experience in an enterprise environment.
- Scripting languages such as Bash, Python or PowerShell.
- Experience with deploying and maintaining database technologies such as SQL, Mongo and Cosmo DB.
Who You Are – it’s desirable if you have experience in any or all of the following:
- Planning and problem solving with platform and engineering teams.
- Experience with development languages such as .NET, Java and Python.
- Docker and Kubernetes orchestration preferably deploying and supporting production enterprise applications.
- Application design (Infrastructure, Networking, CI/CD).
- Experience working with server-less applications.
- APM/Infrastructure monitoring and alerting tools such as New Relic.
- Experience migrating older applications to containers or server-less.
- Windows and Linux environment experience.
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks