How You’ll Support Our Mission
Our Project Manager, EPMO is responsible for implementing transformative strategies and managing enterprise-wide projects. Our mission leverages data to drive better outcomes for our community’s health and safety, this role enables our company to scale while continuing to grow data-related opportunities.
In this role you will be part of our Enterprise Program Management Office team, reporting to the Transformation Director, based in our Austin office. This role is a hybrid role to be based in Austin, TX.
What You’ll Be Doing – The Day to Day
- Exemplify ESO Values and lead by example
- Manage project scope, resources, risks, issues, budget, and timelines
- Drive transformative change through the company
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Implement project management best practices
- Effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Facilitate issues and resolve conflict as appropriate
Who You Are – The Essentials
- Translator – You can translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans; you are able to align processes and systems in support of strategic priorities
- Accomplished – You have demonstrated success by delivering enterprise-wide programs, and you are viewed as a key partner by all levels of management.
- Knowledgeable – You have 5+ years’ experience in managing transformative projects.
- Curious – You have a continuous improvement mindset and are continually striving to determine ways to drive efficiency and effectiveness in your organization; you have a strong desire to keep up with emerging technologies and software development practices.
- Business Acumen – You’re eager to understand the fundamental drivers of the business, and partner with leaders of the various functions you support to look for ways to enable their strategies.
- Detail-oriented – Understanding, documenting, and communicating nuances are important to you.
- Guardian – You act as a process guardian, promoting sustainable and scalable solutions. You are a steward of strategy and use that skill to help tie every step of a process back to strategic objectives.
- Receptive - You are always eager for and receptive to feedback.
Who You Are – The Desirables
- Healthcare, SaaS, or First Responder industry experience.
- Deep experience in working with all areas within a software company.
- Strong understanding of project management best practices.
- Experience scaling companies to their next level.
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience working with executive level leadership within an organization.
- Self-starter who identifies, negotiates, and solves problems.
- Significant project, process, stakeholder, budget, and risk management experience.
- Excellent change management skills, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to execute on commitments.
- Ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence.
- Possess passion, energy, and enthusiasm to drive results, highly action oriented.
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness and education reimbursements
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our US, Canada, and Northern Ireland offices.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.