How You’ll Support Our Mission!
As a member of ESO’s development team, you will be collaborating with our highly talented engineers and designers to build the next generation of ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Our developers are passionate about their craft and revel in shipping software that improves patient care. If you are ready to write elegant and innovative code that will effect real change, this is the job for you.
ESO is committed to creating accessible software that serves all our users, regardless of the situation, technology, or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of all our products. We are always looking for individuals who are passionate about creating software that is inclusive and solves all our user’s needs by ensuring it meets W3C available standards and guidelines.
Reporting to the Manager of Development you will be part of our Engineering team based in our Toronto, Ontario office.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day:
- Apply software engineering best practices to automate the art of thoroughly testing software that saves lives when used in action by our customers.
- Design, plan, and execute test plans and test cases for ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Your work will be essential to ensuring that our product offerings meet and exceed our customer’s expectations by testing all tiers in our distributed application stack.
- Verify data flows within applications, test on a variety of device types (web, native, mobile), as well as verify proper software behavior at various levels (user interface, API, backend). You should be comfortable integrating automation tests within CI/CD pipelines and familiar with non-functional requirements testing such as performance and load testing.
- Practice continuous integration, embrace open-source software, and make informed technology and product decisions. We are an Agile development shop and regularly demo our work to project stakeholders.
Who You Are - the essentials:
- 2-3 years experience as an SDET or QA Engineer.
- Programming experience with Java, C#, Python, TypeScript or similar languages.
- Experience with backend testing and automating API calls.
- Good design principles for creating and maintaining automation frameworks.
- Exposure to Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practices.
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts.
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems.
- Passion about what you do and want to know how your work impacts ESO’s success.
Who You Are - the desirables:
- Experience with automated performance testing (e.g. JMeter, LoadRunner, cypress, etc.)
- Experience with Snowflake and/or SiSense.
- Experience in the Azure cloud services and components or other Cloud platforms.
- Start-up or small company experience is desired as you will be owning the various applications under test.
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment this includes:
- Competitive health plan (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- Front-loaded vacation and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance and disability insurance
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our offices across the US, Canada and Northern Ireland.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.