Contracts Manager (Temporary)
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our US offices (Austin, Dallas, and Des Moines) and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
About the role
ESO is growing and is in search of a seasoned Contract Manager to help us through our busiest months of the year. In this temporary role, you’ll help the Contracts team with complex negotiations against hospitals, cities, and states.
More about you
You can expect to negotiate healthcare software contracts against potential customers with seasoned legal teams of their own. These will primarily include hospitals and healthcare systems seeking to purchase our software and will include business associate agreements in addition to our subscription agreements. Resources will be available to provide detailed information about our software and security, as necessary.
This position will report directly to the Director of Contracts.
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of legal experience
- Experience and comfort with: (1) negotiation, (2) contract law, (3) healthcare law (HIPAA et al)
- Immaculate writing skills
- Ability to confidently guide conversations when speaking to potential customers and/or their attorneys
- Ability to quickly take what you’ve learned and apply it in new situations
- Passionate about what you do and want to know how your work impacts ESO’s success.
- An understanding of Salesforce, and/or a willingness to learn its complexities
- A JD is not required for this position; we are a team of paralegals with executive sponsorship from our corporate counsel, but we operate with a large degree of autonomy. Our budget for this position is very competitive for a paralegal.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with cloud-hosted software agreements.
- Familiar with public procurement and/or contracting with large hospital systems
- A sixth sense of what it takes to get a deal over the line
- Experience using Salesforce.com