Placement Software Development Engineer in Test
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our US offices (Austin, Dallas, and Des Moines) and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
About the role
As a member of ESO’s development team, you will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by our highly talented development engineers and designers to build the next generation of ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. This is a unique opportunity to be amongst the first placement students in ESO Belfast. You’ll have the opportunity not only to grow your technical knowledge and experience but also to experience life in a high growth global company in its most exciting phase yet as it expands in Northern Ireland.
We are committed to helping you achieve the most of your year with us and to reaching your maximum potential.
We believe that our placement students play an important part in the success of the team so you will be expected to dive in, learn fast and start be a productive member of the team quickly.
You can expect to:
- Be treated as one of the team – our placement students are treated no differently to our graduate engineers with the same level of support to help you grow and become a better software engineer.
- Be given opportunities to demonstrate how good you are – we want you to succeed, do a good job with us and be setup for your final year in Uni.
- Test software that contributes to the ESO suite of applications.
- Learn testing techniques, how to find and track defects, write and run automated tests – our people have learned a lot of lessons getting us to this point and we want you to know them so you can quickly and effectively contribute to the team.
- Be part of a team that pushes you to grow and share the knowledge you’ve learned.
- Be exposed to CI/CD, functional and non-functional testing, source control, domain driven design
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- Have completed at least two years of a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or an IT related discipline
- Evidence of good first year grades.
- Experience of C#, .NET or Java
- Understanding of software methodologies
- Team player but with the ability to work independently
- A passion for what you do and an understanding how your work impacts ESO’s success
Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken