< ALL Resources
2022 ESO Fire Service Index
Helping Fire Leaders Ignite Quality Improvement Conversations
A logical way to measure the performance of a fire department is to gauge how quickly they respond to emergencies—turnout time, travel time, response time, etc. While these are important metrics, measuring time alone does not paint the full picture of a fire department’s performance.
Our ESO fire experts looked at more than 3 million incidents from January 1, 2021-December 31, 2021, to create the 2022 ESO Fire Service Index. This report aims to give fire departments a benchmark or point of reference for evaluation and improvement.
Key metrics include:
- What are our most common response types overall? Among fire calls?
- How many of our responses are EMS compared to fire?
- For fire calls, what are the most common property types we respond to?
- How much property loss was reported overall?
- How quickly do we respond to a call on average?
- How frequently are firefighters documenting decontamination procedures?
Download today to see how you compare. Access the Index here or, to have it delivered to your inbox, complete the form.