Turning Down the Dial in Hospitals
Overcoming Five Challenges with Radio Communication
Hospital emergency departments are fast paced and frequently chaotic. Teams inside and outside the hospital, such as EMS partners, must work together to provide a positive patient outcome.
Radios have long been the trusted communication tool between the emergency department and EMS teams in the field. And while a radio is better than nothing, it is far from ideal. Radios inherently create challenges in five areas:
- No photos or videos to help hospital teams visualize the scene or injuries
- Noisy and distracting from other needs
- Breakdown of verbal communication
- Lack of standardized processes
- No continuity of data between team members
For strategies to solve these challenges and improve communication within your hospital and with your EMS partners, read “Turning Down the Dial” today.