Turning Down the Dial In Hospitals
Overcoming Five Challenges with Radio Communication
Hospital emergency departments are fast-paced and frequently chaotic. Teams inside and outside of the hospital, such as EMS partners, must work together to provide a positive patient outcome.
Radios have long been the tool trusted for communication between the emergency department and EMS teams in the field. And while a radio is better than nothing, it is far from ideal. Radios inherently create challenges in five areas:
- No photos or videos to help hospital teams visualize the scene or injuries
- Noisy and distracting from other needs
- Breakdown of verbal communication
- Lack of standardized processes
- No continuity of data between team members
For strategies to solve these challenges and improve communication within your hospital and with your EMS partners, read “Turning Down the Dial” today.