Wave 2021: EMS Research & Poster Symposium
ESO’s “mission in motion” through the lens of research
This 90-minute session looked at research conducted by the people on the ground: paramedics. Since 2019, ESO has been hosting a research and poster symposium at our annual Wave conference. In 2021, we invited researchers who submitted the “best” projects from 2019-2020 to present their findings.
Hear short oral presentations from:
- Alex Moore, BS, LP: Vital Signs Predictive of EMS Witnessed Cardiac Arrest
- Brooke Burton, NRP, FACPE: Trauma Pain Management – Disparities, Treatments, and Trends
- Jeff Jarvis, MD, MS, EMT-P, FACEP, FAEMS: Comparison of Pain Relief from Ketamine, Morphine, or Benzos
- Peder Humlen-Ahearn, MPSLA, NRP: Which Stroke Scale Is More Accurate in Predicting LVO Strokes?
- Samuel Kordik, NRP: Complications Associated with Prehospital Use of Ketamine, Benzos, and Antipsychotics
Plus, we discussed how you too can get involved in next year’s Wave Research and Poster Symposium.