Graduate Software Development Engineer in Test
ESO is a rapidly growing technology company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We provide software applications, interoperability and data management solutions to emergency medical services, fire departments and hospitals.
We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great, stable place to work. We serve more than 10,000 customers out of our US offices (Austin, Dallas, and Des Moines) and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
About the role
As a member of ESO’s development team, you will begin your career by collaborating with our highly talented development engineers and designers to build the next generation of ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Our development engineers are passionate about their craft and revel in shipping software that improves patient care. If you are ready to write elegant and innovative code that will effect real change, this is the job for you.
This is a unique opportunity to be amongst the first graduates in ESO Belfast. You’ll have the opportunity not only to build upon your previous technical work or placement experience but also to experience life in a high growth global company in its most exciting phase yet as it expands in Northern Ireland.
You can expect to:
- Be treated as one of the team – we will support you to help you grow and become a better test engineer.
- Be given opportunities to demonstrate how good you are – we want you to succeed.
- Test software that contributes to the ESO suite of applications.
- Learn testing techniques, how to find and track defects, write and run automated tests – our people have learned a lot of lessons getting us to this point and we want you to know them so you can quickly and effectively contribute to the team.
- Be part of a team that pushes you to grow and share the knowledge you’ve learned.
- Be exposed to CI/CD, functional and non-functional testing, source control, domain driven design
Some of the things required to be successful in the role:
- A third level qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or an IT related discipline
- Relevant work or placement experience
- A proven ability to deliver working code
- Experience of C#, .NET or Java
- Understanding of software methodologies
- Team player but with the ability to work independently
- A passion for what you do and an understanding how your work impacts ESO’s success
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken